Serious leaders are always asking serious questions of themselves and consistently doing self-analysis. Here are just a few self inspection questions you can ask yourself to further help clarify where you stand in terms of your leadership ability.
There are no right or wrong answers in terms of how you perceive your ability – what it comes down to is whether or not you have the desire, heart, will, passion, drive, motivation, guts, determination, energy, focus and tenacity it takes to want to be better!
For example – some may read this thoroughly and act on it, while others may not read it at all… It all comes down to CHOICE! (Luckily, you get to decide for yourself, too.)
- Why do I deserve to be a Leader?
- What have I done to influence the growth, morale and performance of the people I govern?
- Do I consistently come prepared with a plan of action?
- What inspires me to be a great Leader?
- Who on my team can I positively say I have had a measurable impact on?
- What have I done recently to grow myself?
- Do I completely understand the difference between a Manager and a Leader?
- Do I measure and inspect everything in an attempt to raise standards as well as look for improvement opportunities?
- What do I bring to the table that is a real measurable benefit in terms of helping people grow?
- How do the people that I govern feel about my Leadership ability? (Have I asked them recently?)
- If I am not performing at the levels expected, is it my inability to coach, train and motivate, is it the players on the team, or is it a combination of both?
- Why is it easy for me to get some to adhere to the necessary guideline, principals and practices and not others?
- Have I reached out for help in terms of getting better at Leadership?
- How often do I practice (i.e read books, take skills tests, review all available product material, role play, develop new strategies) in an attempt to become a better Leader?
- Do I have the ability to perform at a high level?
- Do I have the ability to develop a high performing TEAM?
- What are my work-related goals and objectives?
- How do I want to viewed or recognized by others in terms of my Leadership ability?
- Why should people listen to me or follow my lead?
- On a scale of 1-10, ten being highest, where do I rate myself in terms of my Leadership ability and skills and why?
- Am I truly inspired to lead people to the best of my ability with the understanding that TRUE LEADERSHIP is a responsibility not an obligation?
Learn more about HR by visiting LPHR on your desktop, tablet or smartphone. For HR Business Professionals interested in Leadership Communications, LPHR Magazine presents you with simple concepts and practical applications to help you develop personally and professionally. Find the latest issue, complimentary, on LPHR’s Scribd.
LPHR connects you with resources, tools and info that support progressive growth – for your business and your life. Remember to visit our website at www.lphr.co, find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LPHRs and follow us on Twitter @lphrgroup.