Do you desire to be a more creative person but think that you do not possess the natural born talent?
Creativity is an attitude, a way of approaching life, not a quality reserved for those who consider themselves artists. The truth is, everyone can be more creative, and everyone can use a little more inspiration and a lift now and again.
Try these tips to boost your own creativity:
- Don’t try to stand out from the crowd. Avoid the crowd altogether.
- Keep a writing or drawing journal. Keeping a journal is one of the most powerful ways to calm the mind, take inventory of your thoughts, and open the doors to expressing yourself more fully.
- Use jasmine. The fragrance of jasmine incense or essential oil creates a positive state of consciousness that is particularly conducive to journaling. Its sweet, fresh fragrance inspires creativity, creates a soothing atmosphere, and leaves one refreshed and clear in mind and spirit. It may be just what you need right now.
- Surround yourself with the right colors for creativity. Black, which represents the unknown, is a stimulant to the release of feelings and thoughts. Violet is the color of creativity, and purple the color of passion. Red is creation itself, passion, energy, and stamina. Orange encourages playfulness and vitality, and yellow stimulates the mind. Choosing a little from several of these colors in each of your rooms will greatly enhance your creative energy in anything and everything in your life.
- Understand that the best way to win approval is to not need it.
- Pretend you’re ten years old and haven’t yet forgotten how to use your imagination.
- Remember, the idea doesn’t have to be big. It just has to be yours.
- Another way to hone creativity is to tap into the people around you and the power of collaboration. So, network like crazy and share ideas.
- Wear your watch on the other wrist for a while and notice how odd it feels. If you are right handed, try to use your left hand to do the common tasks you normally do with your right hand such as throwing ball. Doing these things helps you to develop the connection between the left and right brain.
- Daydream more. Have you ever noticed that a lot of your best thinking is in the shower?
- Creativity is not found in a separate brain region. It’s not a personality trait, like IQ. It’s really based in everyday brain processes that we use in everyday tasks, like driving around a traffic jam or making a recipe you’ve never made before. We already have all the building blocks we need. To become more creative, it’s just a matter of learning how to put them together in a new and different way.
Source: BrainWaves // iPhone App